Heparin Sodium Injection is indicated for:
- Prophylaxis and treatment of venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism;
- Prevention of postoperative deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism in patients undergoing major abdominothoracic surgery or who, for other reasons, are at risk of developing thromboembolic disease;
- Atrial fibrillation with embolization;
- Treatment of acute and chronic consumptive coagulopathies (disseminated intravascular coagulation);
- Prevention of clotting in arterial and cardiac surgery;
- Prophylaxis and treatment of peripheral arterial embolism.
- Anticoagulant use in blood transfusions, extracorporeal circulation, and dialysis procedures.